Little Bella came in quite unwell last Saturday night after her dad noticed her becoming a little lethargic at home. A thorough examination and check of some important history revealed that naughty little Bella had likely gotten into some rat bait at home, potentially earlier that week, and had lost some blood as a consequence. Thanks to her dad’s diligence, she was able to be treated promptly with canine plasma to replace her lost clotting factors, and started on vitamin K therapy. After a few days in hospital she was sent home bright as a button and to a very happy dad!
If you would like to learn more about Rat Bait Poisoning please have a look in our library.